When one Tigo Energy update is announced (like this monitoring platform upgrade last week), there are always more to follow. Here’s today’s addition to the add-on TS4 Platform: the TS4-A-S. This add-on safety solution is a module-level power electronic (MLPE) multivendor UL-system-certified solution for rapid shutdown. Tigo’s safety solution complies with NEC 2014, 2017, and 2020 with more than 100 inverters for residential, commercial & industrial, and utility customers.
/*** Advertisement ***/
The TS4-A-S provides module-level shutdown when installed on each PV module and accompanied by the Tigo Access Point (TAP) and the Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA). DC production data can be analyzed via Tigo’s SMART Website or App when connected to the cloud. This TS4-A-S launch accompanies the recently announced TS4-A-M (Monitoring Add-on) launch earlier this month.
The CPS Promise:
With easy access to real, knowledgeable people, stocked parts, 24-hour RMA turnaround, and exceptional diagnostic hardware, CPS America is committed to full life-cycle service and support. Learn more here.
These complete Tigo’s transition from the legacy TS4-R retrofit platform to the TS4-A add-on platform with mechanical upgrades, UHD-Core technology, and expanded specifications to support PV modules up to 500W.
Some highlights of TS4-A-S (Safety Add-on):
- Comply with NEC 2014, 2017, 2020 rapid shutdown requirements
- Choose compatibility from more than 100 UL-system-certified inverters
- Choose compatibility from any module up to 500W
- Manual or automatic shutdown in event of AC grid loss
- Automatic email or SMS alerts about faults or operational issues
- Protect PV system assets with full visibility of performance
- Lower O&M costs when identifying specific module problems
- Utilize module manufacturer warranties when tracking module failures
Tigo is now taking orders for the TS4-A-S worldwide. The last inventory of legacy TS4-R-S units may be shipped per the discretion of Tigo and Tigo’s distribution partners as the new TS4-A-S shipments are prepared. Both units are fully backward compatible.