Job Location: Chicago
Founded in 2008, this solar developer focuses on commercial solar projects between 200KW – 5MW+. This position is based in Chicago. They have secured strategic investors from some of the largest organizations in the country (including retail, health care, and real estate companies), and are bracing for an additional surge in commercial scale project installations.
This company has developed a proprietary, non-penetrating roof mount system which gives them an advantage over the competition regarding the logistics of installing a solar system. Quicker & easier installations = a winning competitive formula.
This is a progressive company that seeks fast thinkers with an independent attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you want to get your foot in the door of the solar industry, this is a great place to start. We are currently seeking a System’s Engineer for our Chicago office in a full-time employment position, for immediate hire.
- Create detailed electrical designs of PV systems and layouts.
- Maintenance and monitoring of our existing 70+ commercial PV installations
- Create drawings for bid documents, construction plans and permit packages
- Partner with sales team to generate initial designs for proposals and assist the procurement process
- Ensure that all designs are code-compliant (NEC Code)
- Development of one-line documents for commercial solar projects
- Bachelor degree in Engineering: Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- Significant Experience with AutoCAD
- The ability to read/interpret construction drawings
- Experience with MS Excel
- Working knowledge of the NEC and electrical systems design of AC and DC systems
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Disciplined and self-motivated
- Immediate availability preferred
- Some travel required
Contact Bryan Villano, Bryan@TheCCEA.org with a resume and a short description of why this job would be good for you. He has a short attention span, so please keep that in mind.