The Illinois DCEO Solar and Wind Energy Rebate Program is OPEN
Photovoltaic (solar electric) incentives
- $1.50/watt or 25% for homeowners and businesses
- $2.60/watt or 40% for nonprofits and public entities
Wind energy incentives
- $1.70/watt or 30% of project cost for homeowners and businesses
- $2.60/watt or 40% for non-profits and public entities
Solar thermal incentives
- 30% of project cost for homeowners and businesses
- 40% of project cost for non-profits and public entities
Maximum rebate for all solar and wind energy projects is $10,000
DCEO has allocated a budget of $1.5 million to this program. This budget is the same as the last few years. Applications are considered on a first come, first serve basis.
No grants will be offered during the 2013 Fiscal Year due to the $3.7 million appropriation to Illinois Green Economy Network which reduced DCEO’s budget from $5 million to $1.3 million.
DCEO had to work hard to ensure the Rebate Program stayed alive and had comparable funding to past years by adjusting budgets and eliminating the grants.