I am an MBA student and I have decided to start a company with a mission to pursue economically feasible solutions to climate change. One idea I had would be to build and operate a solar farm. Is there anyone with experience on starting a solar farm that would be willing to provide advice? I am thinking of trying to leverage the community solar model.
I am looking to start small, in the 1-2 MW range, in northern Georgia.
Any other economically feasible climate change solution ideas are also welcome!
(FYI – I have a BS degree in physics and an MS in engineering, in addition to the MBA i am currently pursuing)
Here are some of my specific questions:
- What would be a reasonable estimate of cost for a 1MW system?
- What are the pitfalls / biggest headaches of running a solar farm?
- how much payback does one get by selling energy commercially? Gross margins on operating a solar farm?
- What are the "i wish i knew this when i started" lessons, so that noobs like me dont have to re-learn them?
- What would be a good place to start?
Any answers to the questions above, or maybe to better questions than that would be greatly appreciated!