Array Technologies, market leaders in single-axis solar tracking, announced the launch of RapidClamp, a patent pending single-bolt PV module clamp technology that drastically decreases solar module installation times.
/*** Advertisement ***/
“The innovative RapidClamp greatly improves module installation times for EPCs installing First Solar Series 6 modules on DuraTrack single-axis solar trackers. It’s as simple as Set, Click, Clamp,” states Lucas Creasy, vice president of engineering at Array Technologies. “Our team has achieved an installation record of 11 seconds per module, this further enhances our commitment to provide the lowest LCOE to our customers.”
Array has been a long-time collaborator with First Solar, having shipped over 1.2 GW of trackers utilizing First Solar modules. In cooperation with engineers at First Solar, Array has adapted the proven time-saving single-bolt module clamp to leverage First Solar’s Series 6 modules with its innovative SpeedSlot mounting feature.
With the tightening of one single bolt on Array’s patent pending RapidClamp, technicians can install First Solar’s Series 6 solar modules on DuraTrack HZ v3 single-axis solar trackers more quickly than with previous-generation clamp technology. Next-generation RapidClamp technology securely installs on Array’s utility-grade, no-slip octagonal torque beam to ensure instantaneous and error-free panel alignment in all directions.
February is Operations & Maintenance Month here at Solar Builder. Check out all of our O&M news and insights this month right here.
• Fast, simple three-step module installation: Set, Click, Clamp.
• Error-proof auto-alignment of modules.
• Pre-assembled module clamp minimizes on-site assembly.
• Provides a reliable mounting system with integrated electrical bond.
• The patent pending single-bolt clamp offers no-slip octagonal torque tube clamping.
• Eliminates gaps between modules or protrusions above the module for simplified cleaning operations and maximum row density.